Vegetarian Cauliflower Pizza
A simple way to please your gluten-free guests is to serve them a pizza made with cauliflower instead of flour. This delectable low-calorie pizza recipe is also suitable for those following the Paleo diet and great for vegetarians.
The cauliflower in the pizza base is packed with 17g grams of fibre, vitamins C, Vitamin B6 as well as potassium magnesium and Iron - all thanks to the cauliflower!
- 1 cauliflower (approx. 380g)
- 1/2 cup (75g) grated cheese
- 1 egg & 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1 tsp garlic granules, basil & oregano
- Pizza sauce/passata/tomato puree
- Toppings of your choice such as roasted pepper, mushrooms, sliced mozzarella & salad tomatoes or sweetcorn, red onion, sliced mozzarella & rocket.
- Pre-heat your oven to 220°C & chop the cauliflower into florets.. add to your food processor & blitz until it looks like rice/couscous.
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl along with the eggs, grated cheese, herbs, black pepper and mix well.
- Shape the mixture into your two pizza bases on a lightly greased baking tray lined with baking paper. Spritz with spray oil and bake for 25 minutes until golden.
- Once baked, add a few spoons of your tomato sauce (leaving a 1 inch 'crust' near the edge) before adding your chosen vegetables & sliced mozzarella.
- Bake for 10 minutes & serve with a side salad.
Recipe provided by Nic at nicsnutrition.com
2 FOR £60From £30.00