Spiced Pumpkin Soup
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 15-20 mins
- Serves: 4
- ½ TBSP olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 thumb sized piece grated ginger
- 2 TSP curry powder
- ½ TSP cumin
- 750g pumpkin, peeled and cubed OR 2 x 425g cans pumpkin puree
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large saucepan with the oil until hot. Add the onion and cook for about 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and cumin for 2 minutes before adding the pumpkin, coconut milk and stock. Simmer gently for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool for a couple of minutes before blending until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with crème fresh and pumpkin seeds if desired.
KCAL 139 | PROTEIN 3G | CARBS 8G | FAT 9G