Post-Match Football Nutrition Meal Ideas
Your post-match meal is very important and should never be underestimated. After all, eating the right food is a great way to prepare your body for whatever’s next.
However, following a gruelling game of football, it can be tempting to just put your feet up and relax while paying little attention to nutrition. Check out our quick and easy recipe below.
- 6oz of green lentils
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 chopped red pepper, with stalk and seeds removed
- 1 chopped green pepper, with stalk and seeds removed
- 2 peeled and chopped carrots
- 1 chopped courgette
- 4oz of frozen peas
- 6oz of quartered mushrooms
- 18oz of chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tablespoon of tomato purée
- ½ pint of vegetable stock
- 1 can of kidney beans, drained
- Place green lentils into a large bowl, pour boiling water over them and leave to soak for 30 minutes before draining.
- Pour the sunflower oil into a large saucepan and heat for between 1 and 2 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic clove, chilli powder and cumin seeds to the saucepan and fry until the onions have gone soft — approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the red and green peppers, the carrots and the green lentils to the saucepan. Cook for a further 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Next, add the tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable stock and frozen peas to the saucepan.
- Bring the mix to the boil and simmer until the lentils have become tender — approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and courgette and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans to the saucepan and simmer for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve the vegetable chilli with brown rice.
SPECIAL OFFERPrice £35.00
Special OfferWas £52.49Now £35.00
Special OfferFrom £16.00
Special OfferWas £34.90Now £18.99