Tuna Steak with Cucumber Salsa
Seared tuna steaks are easy and delicious. They contain a combination of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, B12, and selenium. Plus, it cooks extremely quickly, meaning you won’t have to sacrifice too much time on the training field to prepare it.
As with traditional beef steaks, tuna steaks are best cooked using a high, direct heat and served less than well done. Cooking it this way avoids the fish drying out and losing its silken texture. For an Instagram-worthy tuna steak, it should have an even band of firm, white seared flesh around a solid stripe of pink or red flesh in the middle.
- 2 fresh tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 green chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 8 yellow bell pepper, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger, finely diced (optional)
- handful or coriander, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Season your tuna steaks with salt and pepper. When the oil begins to smoke in the pan, place the tuna steaks in the pan and cook for three minutes on each side.
- Brush steaks with oil; sprinkle evenly with pepper and salt. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness.
- While fish cooks, combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well.
- To serve, spoon some of the cucumber salsa over your tuna with brown rice and a green salad or steamed broccoli.
Special OfferWas £59.98Now £55.00
BEST SELLERPrice £80.00
Special OfferWas £70.00Now £60.00