Healthy Chili Recipe
- 500g lean minced turkey (or extra lean beef mince)
- 2 chopped red onions
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 whole red chilli
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Brown the mince in 1TSP olive oil. Whilst frying, sauté the red onion, bell pepper, garlic and chilli in another pan.
- Add the softened vegetables to the mince and then add the black beans, chopped tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Simmer altogether for a minimum of 25 minutes, the longer the better!
- Serve with brown rice, or perhaps try it cold the next day in a wholemeal wrap with salad and plain yoghurt