Our avocado and poached egg recipe provides a healthy, warm and hearty breakfast full of good fats and protein. Using wholegrain bread alongside avocado and eggs ensures a varied and filling meal packed with nutrients.
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 slices wholemeal bread or sourdough
- Pinch of pepper and salt
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Mixed salad, to serve. Tomatoes are tasty optional extras.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/392°F or fan 180°C/356°F
- Cut avocado in half and scoop flesh into bowl.
- Add lemon juice, pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or grill.
- To poach eggs, fill a deep skillet halfway with water. Bring it to simmer and add vinegar.
- Crack both eggs into individual cups. Stir a whirlpool effect into your pan. Slowly tip each egg into the water, white first. Cook for three minutes then remove with a slotted spoon. Drain onto kitchen paper.
- Spread avocado mixture onto your toasted bread
- Top the bread and avocado with your poached eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.