- Prep:5 mins
- Cook:10 mins
- Serves: 1 person
- Calories: unknown
Our almond and banana oatmeal gives you a great start to the day. With 70 grams of wholegrain carbohydrates, and it’s ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon, add more to taste.
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Mash half of the banana in a saucepan.
- Whisk almond milk, almond extract, cinnamon and salt into the mashed banana until smooth.
- Bring to boil and add oats into mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5-7 minutes until oats are tender.
- Chop remaining half of banana into slices.
- Top your oatmeal with the sliced banana and add more cinnamon as required.
- Optional stage: An optional addition of honey could be used to sweeten the recipe.