Protein Snack Ideas
Everyone snacks, we may not realise how often we do it or what we’ve eaten as it’s easy to grab a chocolate bar or biscuit if we’re hungry, instead of choosing healthier alternatives.
If bad snacks are readily available, we’ll eat them, but they can be low in valuable nutrients and full of excess calories, saturated fat, salt and sugar and in time unhealthy snacking can lead to health issues. Instead of falling victim to unhealthy snacking try our protein snack ideas like nuts or Greek yoghurt. During the digestion of protein between 20-30% of the total energy is used unlike easily digested and stored carbohydrate or fat. It also has the added benefit of helping the development and retention of muscle, important if you’re looking to build muscle or achieve a lean physique.
It is recommended that protein should be consumed every 3 hours throughout the day for optimal results, meaning snacks mid-morning and mid-afternoon containing protein will be beneficial to achieving your goal.
Try these protein snack ideas for a healthier indulgence:
- If you don’t have unhealthy snacks at home or at your work desk, you won’t be able to eat them.
- Don’t food shop when you’re hungry as you’ll be more tempted to load the basket or trolley with unhealthy treats.
- Avoid the aisles in the supermarket containing the biscuits, sweets and crisps.
- If you’re feeling peckish, try a glass of water first as chances are you’re thirsty rather than hungry.
- Plan your snacking options in advance with protein rich foods like nuts, seeds, natural yoghurt and protein bars.
Get healthy, get snacking the right way!
NewWas £61.49Now £35.00